Saturday, October 07, 2006

10.06.06: Friday?!

Help me promote my lil' blog by putting one of these banners on your blog, MySpace page, whatever. Just copy and paste one of the codes below (made extra-short using TinyURL and TinyPic). After you do, e-mail me and I'll return the favor somehow or another.


Here's the code:



Here's the code:


Now, on with the intarwebing!!!1

Prison Break is arguably the best show on television at the moment. (Every episode that goes by makes me want to escape from prison more and more ... it just looks like so much fun!) Say what you will about FOX being completely shitty, but their marketing team is pretty fuckin' savvy. (In my opinion, they are the best in the world.) On this season's episode 6, one of Prison Break's main character's, Michael Scofield, dropped the name of a Web site for the other characters to use to communicate with him should they get seperated: EuropeanGoldfinch.net.



In 24 hours after the episode aired, this mysterious site shot up to the top 15,000 sites on the internet. The site is set up to look like a message board, with posts from users like "KVFinchlover7475" and "KidSpyFinch2343" that appear to give clues to the plot of future episodes. I for one spent a good half-an-hour looking through each of the threads, trying to figure out which character the usernames were supposed to represent, and what the obscure references to New Mexico and bird-watching mean for the show. I can't wait to see how they incorporate the site as the season goes on. Fuck the World Series for making me have to wait weeks for another episode!

Other things I like:


My ex-wife is better than yours.


Original "Back to the Future" trailer.


Vegetarian Rhapsody.


These rabbits are huge!


Russell Peters is a funny fucker.


Internet links:
Find log-ins for sites that require registration.
I want to teleport SO BAD!
Call the future.
Video games!
Send me an internet. lol.

No comments: